It is within this light that we form those ideas by which we pursue our magic and make it realized.
~ Audre Lorde
Living Artist Project is a collaboration of and for living artists of all kinds. Showcase your original art (painting, photography, poetry, sculpture, refinishing, design, memoir, essays, etc.) on Karma Compass and connect with other artists while you get exposure and participate in a living venue based on wellness and passion.
Living Artist Project fosters community, visibility and diversity by affirming living artists, their work and voices in the world. As part of the Karma Compass vision to hold loving community as a critical responsibility, Karma Compass recognizes that all living artists are in regular conversation with society, history and genealogy and that all artists deserve to thrive. Therefore, Living Artist Project sponsors, promotes, nurtures and connects artists from diverse cultures, experiences, socioeconomic backgrounds, education levels and genders to participate in a progressive vision of artistic collaboration, focused on enriching society, expanding perspectives and generating cooperation in public spaces around health and wellness in its fullest definition and as expressed under the mantle of art.
How to Collaborate in Living Artist Project
- Familiarize yourself with Karma Compass content and themes: karmacompass.me
- Take good, high-quality photos of your art. Editing is just fine.
- Email me your photo or written submissions (no more than 3 images or pages, please. If I want more, I’ll ask you).
- Be sure to include your full name, including spelling, email or phone number and the title of the art. You may also like to include any other relevant detail (such as links to your website or other platforms—I’ll tag you in the post).
- Artists will be paired on the posts based on content and images submitted.
By sending your submission, you agree to showcase your art on Karma Compass blog. If you would like to submit a photo essay for process work—just check with me before sending more than 3 images. At this time, there is lots of publicity. Be heard and seen now.
And we must constantly encourage ourselves and each other to attempt the heretical
actions that our dreams imply, and so many of our old ideas disparage.
~ Audre Lorde
In the slaughterhouse of love, they kill
only the best, none of the weak or deformed.
Don’t run away from this dying.
Whoever is not killed for love is dead meat.