At Karma Compass we approach storytelling as a vehicle to moving our society toward health and wellness as defined by our values as holistic, interconnected beings. That in mind, Karma Compass seeks a film artist who can oversee the entire creative process with enthusiasm and competence. Our filmmaker/editor will be responsible for creating documentary and educational films from our programs and offerings, responsible for undertaking independent projects that meet our organizational goals and have broad community appeal. Our primary focus will be short documentary and non-fiction productions.
Karma Compass Film’s Renaissance Filmmaker produces short films independently under the direction of our Creative Director that highlights the collaborative, pluralistic nature of our work, as well as our capacity and commitment to create meaningful works of art that include diverse participants, ideas and mediums that reflect our world with integrity.
Be an upstart in our startup: Karma Compass Films needs a leader.
Karma Compass Filmmaker Requirements:
- Bachelors in film, television, cinematic arts or comparable experience required
- Experience with Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro preferred
- Work under our direction to complete projects from start to finish
- Have facility editing with footage from digital and film sources
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven and verifiable experience in audiovisual production on social media, advertising, fiction, and/or documentary genres
- Possess organizational and planning skills
- Work well with our team and receptive to instructions, feedback and collaborating with diverse team members
- Capacity to find and solve problems within projects and workflows
- Ability to understand our brand values and translate them into all the formats that we’ll produce
- Proactive creator, suggesting ideas, introducing new formats, and adapting to new platforms.
- Beneficial to have access to your own equipment as this is a remote position
- Skills to transition form concept into a finished film by assembling sequences into coherent and accessible narratives
- Ability to perform basic visual and audio editing and request additional support as needed
- Knowledge and experience creating subtitles for people with hearing impairment
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter, resume and links to 2-3 samples of your work to Work@KarmaCompass.me. Use the subject heading “Renaissance Filmmaker Application from [insert full name].” Include a phone number and your time zone so that we can contact you. The application cycle for these positions is open until filled.
Please note: This is a non-union position. This is a project-based, part-time contract position.